On April 29, 2017, The Gay and Lesbian Alumni/ae of Notre Dame and St. Mary’s College (GALA-ND/SMC) and Notre Dame Gender Studies Program will co-sponsor a panel entitled “Reconciling Religious Freedom and Civil Rights.” The LGBTQ Religious Freedom Panel,to precede Vice President Mike Pence’s visit, will focus on “Reconciling Religious Freedom and Civil Rights.”
The panel includes an array of speakers, including:
- Matthew Skinner ’06, Executive Director of LeGaL, the LGBT Bar Association of New York – Moderator
- Mary Celeste Kearney, Associate Professor of Film, Television, and Theater & Director of Gender Studies Program, Notre Dame
- Anthony Michael Kreis, Visiting Professor, Chicago-Kent College of Law
- Catherine Pittman, Chair and Associate Professor of Psychology, Saint Mary’s College
- Bryan Ricketts ND ’16, ’17, ND Student Body President 2015/2016
The panel, which is free and open to the public, is on Saturday, April 29, 2017 from 12p-2p at Notre Dame Hesburgh Library’s Carey Auditorium.
Campus Pride is pleased to recognize The Gay and Lesbian Alumni/ae of Notre Dame and St. Mary’s College (GALA-ND/SMC) and Notre Dame Gender Studies Program and the work they do on behalf of the LGBTQ community.
More information about the panel can be found here.
Campus Pride is the leading national educational organization for LGBTQ and ally college students and campus groups building future leaders and safer, more LGBTQ-friendly colleges and universities. The organization provides resources and services to thousands of college students and nearly 1400 campuses annually. Learn more online at campuspride.org.