$300 EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNT UNTIL APRIL 13, 2020
Since 2007, Camp Pride continues to be the nation's premiere LGBTQ Leadership Academy for undergraduate LGBTQ and ally students. Join us to develop your campus organizing, social justice and leadership skills. For over a decade, Camp Pride has created a uniquely supportive and inclusive experience to nurture, learn and grow as an intersectional queer leader and social justice advocate. Advisor Academy started in 2011 and provides a dedicated institute for professionals working with LGBTQ college students on campuses. Expand your knowledge, enhance your skills as well as collaborate with others who share your passion for advising and creating safer, more welcoming communities.
The mission of the Campus Pride Summer Leadership Academy is to build leadership capacity among LGBTQ and ally undergraduate college student leaders and to create safer and more inclusive campus communities in the United States.
When: July 8-12, 2020
Where: Orlando, Florida
Who: Undergraduate students from two-year, four-year, rural, southern, HBCU, TCU, and religiously-affiliated colleges and universities come to Camp Pride from all over the country. Advisor Academy for professionals consists of advisors, faculty, staff and professionals joining a separate track during Camp Pride.
Lodging: Campers will be staying in residence hall living. If you have preferences with your living arrangements, please make note on your registration.
Cost: Registration includes all room/board, educational program materials & meals — Limited Capacity.
Camp is for you if you want:
- A phenomenal leadership and personal growth experience inclusive of gender identity/expression and sexual orientation.
- Key leadership concepts to becoming a stronger LGBTQ or ally leader.
- Effective strategies and skill training for grassroots coalition building.
- Access to premiere faculty and national leaders in social justice, human rights and civil rights advocacy.
- Successful campus organizing practices and the chance to explore challenges confronting your campus.
- Helpful resources and innovative tools from national organizations.
- A personal action plan for your campus to become more LGBTQ-friendly.
- Opportunity to connect and work with peer student leaders from across the country.
- An inclusive approach celebrating diversity and motivating others.
- An open, safe environment to express yourself.
- Fun, entertainment and lasting relationships - family.
Full and partial Camp Pride scholarships are available on a limited-basis. Scholarship applications will be available Spring 2020. Applicants who have already registered and paid will be refunded any scholarship monies at the time of event. Due to a limited capacity, we do encourage you to register for Camp Pride ASAP. Campus Pride seeks a diverse cohort of student leaders/advisors and these scholarships assist in this commitment across race, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, socio-economic and geographical boundaries. Learn more.
Corona Virus Awareness/Preparedness: Campus Pride is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and plans to fully implement all CDC guidance to help stop the spread of the virus. Camp Pride is moving ahead as scheduled, but we are aware that some campers may not wish to travel. Therefore, registered participants may be substituted prior to July 1, 2020 or may defer their participation for one year.
Registration & Event Policies
1. Registration is limited to a specified number of participants and will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. You must be 18 years of age or older at the time of camp.
2. No refunds. We do allow a one year transfer if contacted prior to May 15, 2020.
3. Leaving the camp site without permission, possession/use of alcohol, illegal/non-prescription drugs or drug paraphernalia, not abiding by host campus policies or any behaviors that are disruptive to the mission and values of the camp will not be tolerated. Such actions will cause forfeit of your registration fee and are immediate grounds for dismissal. Participant is responsible for all costs associated with any early departure (i.e. cab, airport fees, etc).
4. Checks or purchase orders should be made payable to Campus Pride, Inc, a charitable 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, Federal ID #14-1969456. In order to receive any early registration rate, the check or payment must be received by Campus Pride prior to/on the date of the early registration.
5. Participants agree to hold harmless and indemnify Campus Pride, Inc.,the university, and, or any organization coordinating travel, its officers, agents and employees, from and against any harm or damage as well as all actions, suits, damages, liability or other proceedings,which may arise as the result of the events and occurrences of camp, including any associated travel and meals. Participants understand that participation in any camp trip or activity is voluntary. If participants have any concerns about personal health or ability to participate, participants agree to discuss concerns with a physician prior to camp or will not participate in said activity.
6. Campus Pride, Inc. is excused of any obligations or reimbursements to the extent that such actions are the results of an Act of God, war, national emergency, labor dispute, riot, civil disturbance or other circumstance beyond the control of Campus Pride, Inc.
7. Campus Pride has the exclusive right to use video and other visual/audio portrayals of participants likeness taken during the camp in any medium of any nature whatsoever for any purpose, including advertising or promoting the services of Campus Pride, Inc. without any compensation. Any such portrayal shall be the exclusive property of Campus Pride, Inc.
8. Any disputes will be handled by a court of law in Mecklenburg County of the State of North Carolina. Campus Pride, Inc. will not be liable for any court-related expenses.
9. All fees are listed in U.S. dollars. Any details are subject to change.
10. All details are subject to change.
More information or questions, please contact Campus Pride at 704.277.6710 or email email@example.com.