Camp Pride is the nation's premiere LGBTQ Leadership Academy for undergraduate LGBTQ and ally students. Camp Pride is celebrating its 10 year anniversary this summer. Join us to develop your social justice and leadership skills.
Advisor Bootcamp is for professionals working with LGBTQ college students on campuses. Expand your knowledge, enhance your skills as well as collaborate with others who share your passion for advising and creating safer, more welcoming communities.
The mission of the Campus Pride Summer Leadership Camp is to build leadership capacity among LGBTQ and ally undergraduate college student leaders and to create safer and more inclusive campus communities in the United States.
When: July 19-24, 2016
Where: Camp Pride and Advisor Bootcamp 2016 is planned to be held in Charlotte, NC.
Who: Undergraduate students from two-year, four-year, rural, southern, HBCU, TCU, and religiously-affiliated colleges and universities come to Camp Pride from all over the country. Advisor Bootcamp for professionals consists of advisors, faculty, staff and professionals joining a separate track during Camp Pride.
Lodging: Campers will be staying in residence hall living. If you have preferences with your living arrangements, please make note on your registration.
Cost: Early-bird registration rate is $895. Full price registration rate is $995. Registration includes room/board, educational program materials & meals — Limited Capacity.
Camp is for you if you want:
- A phenomenal leadership and personal growth experience inclusive of gender identity/expression and sexual orientation.
- Key leadership concepts to becoming a stronger LGBTQ or ally leader.
- Effective strategies and skill training for grassroots coalition building.
- Access to premiere faculty and national leaders in social justice, human rights and civil rights advocacy.
- Successful campus organizing practices and the chance to explore challenges confronting your campus.
- Helpful resources and innovative tools from national organizations.
- A personal action plan for your campus to become more LGBTQ-friendly.
- Opportunity to connect and work with peer student leaders from across the country.
- An inclusive approach celebrating diversity and motivating others.
- An open, safe environment to express yourself.
- Fun, entertainment and lasting relationships.
Full and partial Camp Pride scholarships are available on a limited-basis. Scholarship applications will be available spring 2016. Applicants who have already registered and paid will be refunded any scholarship monies at the time of event. Due to a limited capacity, we do encourage you to register for Camp Pride ASAP. Campus Pride seeks a diverse cohort of student leaders/advisors and these scholarships assist in this commitment across race, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, socio-economic and geographical boundaries. Learn more.
Registration & Camp Policies
1. Registration is limited to a specified number of participants and will be on a first-come, first-serve basis. You must be 18 years of age or older at the time of camp.
2. Upon written request, cancelations will be issued a partial refund. No refunds will be issued after June 1, 2016. No refunds on special offer or reduced registration special.
3. Leaving the camp site without permission, possession/use of alcohol, illegal/non-prescription drugs or drug paraphernalia, not abiding by host campus policies or any behaviors that are disruptive to the mission and values of the camp will not be tolerated. Such actions will cause forfeit of your registration fee and are immediate grounds for dismissal. Participant is responsible for all costs associated with any early departure (i.e. cab, airport fees, etc).
4. All registration fees will be refunded if the training is canceled because of low registration. A determination and appropriate notice will be made by June 15. Nonrefundable airline tickets or any other nonrefundable expenses should not be purchased prior to June 15.
5. Checks or purchase orders should be made payable to Campus Pride, Inc, a charitable 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, Federal ID #14-1969456.
6. Participants agree to hold harmless and indemnify Campus Pride, Inc.,the university, and, or any organization coordinating travel, its officers, agents and employees, from and against any harm or damage as well as all actions, suits, damages, liability or other proceedings,which may arise as the result of the events and occurrences of camp, including any associated travel and meals. Participants understand that participation in any camp trip or activity is voluntary. If participants have any concerns about personal health or ability to participate, participants agree to discuss concerns with a physician prior to camp or will not participate in said activity.
7. Campus Pride, Inc. is excused of any refunds or further obligations to the extent that such actions are the results of an Act of God, war, national emergency, labor dispute, riot, civil disturbance or other circumstance beyond the control of Campus Pride, Inc.
8. Campus Pride has the exclusive right to use video and other visual/audio portrayals of participants likeness taken during the camp in any medium of any nature whatsoever for any purpose, including advertising or promoting the services of Campus Pride, Inc. without any compensation. Any such portrayal shall be the exclusive property of Campus Pride, Inc.
9. Any disputes will be handled by a court of law in Mecklenburg County of the State of North Carolina. Campus Pride, Inc. will not be liable for any court-related expenses.
10. All fees are listed in U.S. dollars. Any details are subject to change.
More information or questions, please contact Campus Pride at 704.277.6710 or email email@example.com.