$300 EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNT UNTIL APRIL 13, 2020
Camp Pride & Advisor Academy move to UCF campus in Orlando, Florida
Since 2007, Camp Pride continues to be the nation’s premiere LGBTQ Leadership Academy for undergraduate LGBTQ and ally students. Join us to develop your campus organizing, social justice and leadership skills. For over a decade, Camp Pride has created a uniquely supportive and inclusive experience to nurture, learn and grow as an intersectional queer leader and social justice advocate. Advisor Academy started in 2011 and provides a dedicated institute for professionals working with LGBTQ college students on campuses. Expand your knowledge, enhance your skills as well as collaborate with others who share your passion for advising and creating safer, more welcoming communities.
The mission of the Campus Pride Summer Leadership Academy is to build leadership capacity among LGBTQ and ally undergraduate college student leaders and to create safer and more inclusive campus communities in the United States.
When: July 8-12, 2020
Where: Orlando, Florida
Who: Undergraduate students from two-year, four-year, rural, southern, HBCU, TCU, and religiously-affiliated colleges and universities come to Camp Pride from all over the country. Advisor Academy for professionals consists of advisors, faculty, staff and professionals joining a separate track during Camp Pride.
Lodging: Campers will be staying in residence hall living. If you have preferences with your living arrangements, please make note on your registration.
Cost: Registration includes all room/board, educational program materials & meals — Limited Capacity.
Camp is for you if you want:
- A phenomenal leadership and personal growth experience inclusive of gender identity/expression and sexual orientation.
- Key leadership concepts to becoming a stronger LGBTQ or ally leader.
- Effective strategies and skill training for grassroots coalition building.
- Access to premiere faculty and national leaders in social justice, human rights and civil rights advocacy.
- Successful campus organizing practices and the chance to explore challenges confronting your campus.
- Helpful resources and innovative tools from national organizations.
- A personal action plan for your campus to become more LGBTQ-friendly.
- Opportunity to connect and work with peer student leaders from across the country.
- An inclusive approach celebrating diversity and motivating others.
- An open, safe environment to express yourself.
- Fun, entertainment and lasting relationships – family.
Full and partial Camp Pride scholarships are available on a limited-basis. Scholarship applications will be available Spring 2020. Applicants who have already registered and paid will be refunded any scholarship monies at the time of event. Due to a limited capacity, we do encourage you to register for Camp Pride ASAP. Campus Pride seeks a diverse cohort of student leaders/advisors and these scholarships assist in this commitment across race, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, socio-economic and geographical boundaries. Learn more.
Corona Virus Awareness/Preparedness: Campus Pride is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and plans to fully implement all CDC guidance to help stop the spread of the virus. Camp Pride/Advisor Academy is moving ahead as scheduled, but we are aware that some campers may not wish to travel. Therefore, registered participants may be substituted prior to July 1, 2020 or may defer their participation for one year.