- Stop The Hate Online Training
September 24, 2021
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Stop The Hate Training :: 101
DATE: Friday, September 24 – 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. EST
LOCATION: ZOOM link provided prior to training
Details: Stop The Hate is an educational initiative of Campus Pride and supports colleges and universities in preventing and combating hate on campus as well as fostering the development of community. The national program serves as the premiere source of anti-hate educational resources for higher education institutions and campus communities. While we are not offering in-person trainings at this time, we are offering two hour online versions of the Stop The Hate Training. This Stop The Hate 101 online training provides an understanding of bias and hate crime issues, how to identify a bias motivated incident and a hate crime, overview of first amendment speech protections and hate crime law and discuss the need for greater hate crime and bias motivated incident reporting mechanisms (such as a Bias Incident Team). Participants will receive an official Campus Pride Stop The Hate 101 certificate with their name upon completion of the full two hour training.
- Learn and better understand bias and hate crime issues
- Understand terminology and identify the difference between what is a bias motivated incident and hate crime.
- Overview first amendment speech protections and hate crime law.
- Explain the challenges to hate crime reporting and the need for improving bias incident reporting mechanisms on campus.
- Share resources to help your campus improve and/or develop a Bias Incident Team.
Registration: $315 due immediately at the time of registration. Payment by credit card only. There are no refunds.