Campus Pride utilizes the time, talent and skills of students, faculty, staff and educators to fulfill our mission of creating safer, more LGBTQ-friendly colleges and universities.
Volunteers help our organization continue to grow in supporting the needs of LGBTQ and ally student leaders and campus groups. A great way for volunteers to give back to Campus Pride is by coordinate and engage in fundraising opportunities. Below, Campus Pride has highlighted a few successful fundraising ideas to get involved with:
- High Five Fund
- Similar to the the cutout campaigns popular for fast food restaurants, this campaign works to benefit the anti-bullying programs of Campus Pride and the Stop the Hate initiative. Read more here.
- DIY Buttons
- Producing custom-made buttons to sell during events is an incredibly simple and fun way to help raise funds! With creativity at your side, the sky is the limit! Read more here.
- Give OUT Day
- Give OUT Day is the national day of giving for the LGBTQ community – a 24-hour online fundraising competition that unites the LGBTQ community nationally to raise critically needed funds to support the diverse array of LGBTQ nonprofits including community centers, arts groups, organizers, clinics, student clubs, sports leagues and more. Read more here.
- Pep Rally
- It’s fun and easy! Now some might call it a “house party.” But, with Campus Pride, you, your family and friends can show your cheer and support by hosting a pep rally! Read more here.
- Drag Show
- A great (and entertaining) way to raise money while celebrating various gender expressions is to host a charity drag show! Read more here.