- Safe Space Online Training
February 11, 2022
1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Safe Space Training
DATE: Friday, February 11, 2022 – 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. EST
LOCATION: ZOOM link provided prior to training
Details: The Campus Pride Safe Space Training Program is a nationally recognized program that provides training and signage for institutions committed to supporting LGBTQ students. A Safe Space Program is one of the measures of a supportive campus on the Campus Pride Index (CampusPrideIndex.org). While we are not offering in-person trainings at this time, we are offering a two hour online version of the Safe Space Training. This online training prepares individuals to understand the importance of a Safe Space, learn terminology and LGBTQ identities and how to be a Safe Space. Participants will receive an official Campus Pride Safe Space certificate with their name upon completion of the full two hour training.
- Learn and understand key moments in the LGBTQ civil rights movement.
- Explain the difference between sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression.
- Define terminology used to describe sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression.
- Explore and identify ways to be an advocate/ally for LGBTQ people.
- Discuss how you can take action as a Safe Space.
Registration: $265 due immediately at the time of registration. Payment by credit card only. There are no refunds.