“Religion-based bigotry is careless and life-threatening,” said Shane Windmeyer, Executive Director of Campus Pride. “LGBTQ young people face high rates of harassment and violence, especially our trans youth and LGBTQ youth of color. The schools on this list openly discriminate against LGBTQ youth and many of these schools have requested or received Title IX exemptions for no other purpose than to discriminate, expel and ban LGBTQ youth from campus. It is shameful and wrong.”
Campus Pride & Soulforce have partnered to support LGBTQ and ally communities at religious campuses with anti-LGBTQ policies, programs and practices. This also includes those campuses that have applied for, or received Title IX exemptions to discriminate openly against LGBTQ youth. Engage as an individual, a business or as a campus in these actions:
- Hold campuses on the #ShameList accountable. Contact Campus Pride for specific actions and join the campaign.
- Take action against anti-LGBTQ religion-based bigotry with #GiveBackIX Campaign
- Follow #GiveBackIX and #ShameList on social media and amplify the message
- Request a toolkit to show support for the NCAA letter
- Show your support and sign the “Statement of Solidarity”
- Share your voice with #LGBTQnotSin national campaign by making a video
Please check this page often for updates.