If you are seeking a volunteer position for Camp Pride or Advisor Bootcamp 2016 please determine if you are applying as a returning volunteer or applying for the first time. The deadline for the following volunteer positions are January 15, 2016.
Applicants must have attended Camp Pride Summer Leadership Camp and be current college students. (Recent college graduates, those within one year of graduation, are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to current college students.)
Pride Leaders are expected to uphold the Mission, Vision and Values of Campus Pride while serving in this important role. Applicants can see the full text here.
Pride Leader – Camp Pride
New Pride Leader: If you are applying to be a Pride Leader for Camp Pride 2016 and have not been selected in the past please apply here.
Returning Pride Leader: If you are a returning Pride Leader and would like to apply again for Camp Pride 2016 please apply here.
Faculty Mentor – Advisor Bootcamp
New Faculty Mentor: If you are applying to be a Faculty Mentor for Advisor Bootcamp 2016 and have not been selected in the past please apply here.
Returning Faculty Mentor: If you are a returning Faculty Mentor and would like to apply again for Advisor Bootcamp 2016 please apply here.
Assistant Camp Pride Director
The Assistant Director is expected to uphold the Mission, Vision and Values of Campus Pride while serving in this important role. Applicants can see the full text here. This person will be an integral part of the Camp Pride 2016 Planning Team. The ideal candidate would possess the following:
– Experience working with LGBTQ Youth
– Knowledge and experience with current issues in the LGBTQ community and social justice movement
– Experience in conference and/or large scale event planning and execution
– Ability to manage multiple priorities, assist with crisis management, adapt to additional roles and needs
– Skills and experience in conflict management and mediation and group facilitation
– Available for weekly planning calls beginning in February and to attend Camp Pride from July 16 – 24, 2016.
***Please note this is a volunteer position
– Work with Camp Director and Assistant Director of the Advisor Academy on camp logistics including but not limited to: camp schedule, flights, speaker confirmation, camp survival guide, etc.
– Assist in the hiring and training of Camp Faculty Mentors and Pride Leaders
– Actively participate in all Camp calls and the Camp planning process (on-site, conference calls etc.)
– Coordinate communication with the Campus Pride Staff
– Actively assist in the day-to-day implementation of Camp
– Assume duties of the Director in their absence.
Deadline for application submission is January 11, 2016. Candidates will have a minimum of one 30 minute phone interview. Most phone interviews will take place the week of January 11th.