Campus Pride seeks college students with a desire to learn more about campus organizing and social justice issues to work as interns in our home office based in Charlotte, NC. Interns have many opportunities to observe and participate in substantive work and develop resources to support student leaders across the United States.
Please submit a cover letter (detailing your interest and qualifications), a professional resume and two letters of recommendations. These materials should be sent in one email to the Campus Pride Executive Director Shane Windmeyer at email@example.com.
The Summer deadline for consideration is Friday, March 28, 2014. Those selected will be notified by April 11, 2014. Internships are one month to three months depending on the individual interest and availability. Summer internships will take place from May 12 through August 15, 2014.
- Spring, Fall, and Summer positions available.
- 20-25 hours/week.
- Position responsibilities include creating and maintaining electronic information management systems; writing blog pieces; maintaining social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr); communicating with potential advertisers, sponsors, and donors; assisting with event planning like Camp Pride, College Fair, etc; and other assorted duties as necessary.
- Requires flexibility, self-motivation, and some knowledge of Campus Pride programs; strong writing, editing, and communication skills are a plus.
- At least 20 office hours per week in office.
- Strong preference to those in the Charlotte, NC area or who have their own support for lodging and travel.
- Limited transportation stipend may be provided; vehicle is necessary for transportation.