INSTRUCTIONS: Learn more about yourself and what you are looking for when picking the best LGBT campus. Utilize the worksheet as a preplanning step to answer key questions about what you desire. Then go on the search to find it!
1. What do you identify as your passion or academic pursuits? What would be your dream job after college? Please describe.
2. Describe your ideal campus environment. What academic disciplines are offered? What is the campus community like? How does the campus look and feel? What does the visible commitment to LGBT students look like? Be as specific as possible.
3. What extracurricular activities interest you? Which of these involvement opportunities relate to or could relate to being LGBT? List all examples.
4. How much money do you want to spend per year going to a college or university? What’s your overall budget for living expenses, books, and tuition?
5. In what region of the country do you want to go to college? Do you have limitations imposed by costs that are keeping you close to home?
6. What about the type of institution, the campus size, and the diversity? Do you prefer a private or a public institution? How large or small do you want the campus population to be?