Camp Pride Summer Leadership Camp
Let’s go to camp! Campus Pride’s 9th annual Camp Pride will be held in Charlotte, NC from July 14-19-2015. Now you can develop friendships for a lifetime with other LGBTQ and ally college students, build your leadership skills, and take action as a social justice advocate for a safer and more inclusive campus. Learn More
Camp is for you if you want:
- A phenomenal leadership and personal growth experience inclusive of gender identity/expression and sexual orientation.
- Key leadership concepts to becoming a stronger LGBTQ or ally leader.
- Effective strategies and skill training for grassroots coalition building.
- Access to premiere faculty and national leaders in social justice, human rights and civil rights advocacy.
- Successful campus organizing practices and the chance to explore challenges confronting your campus.
- Helpful resources and innovative tools from national organizations.
- A personal action plan for your campus to become more LGBTQ-friendly.
- Opportunity to connect and work with peer student leaders from across the country.
- An inclusive approach for celebrating diversity and motivating others.
- An open, safe environment to express yourself.
- Fun, entertainment and lasting relationships.
July 14-19, 2015 in Charlotte, NC
Please bring the following items with you to Camp:
- Casual clothing
- Tennis shoes and/or closed toe shoes
- Towels & washcloth
- Shampoo, soap, bathroom supplies, etc.
- Personal pillow, pillowcase, bed sheets & blanket/sleeping bag
- Your campus LGBTQ & ally resources to share with others (approx. 80 total, if possible)
- Any personal prescription medications
SPECIAL OFFER – LOWEST RATE
$250 OFF REGISTRATION until December 19, 2014
Only $745 – Special $250 Off; Regular $995 registration includes all program materials, curriculum, lodging, food and camp supplies.
Full and partial scholarships are made available every year by individual donations, grants and corporate sponsors. Learn more
The mission of the Campus Pride Summer Leadership Camp is to build leadership capacity among LGBTQ and ally undergraduate college student leaders and to create safer and more inclusive campus communities in the United States.
Undergraduate LGBTQ & ally student leaders at colleges and universities across the United States.
Camp Learning Outcomes
- Identify and describe components of their own identities that give them power and privilege as citizens and leaders in our society.
- Discuss ways in which queer or ally leaders fit into queer contexts and communities working to create positive change.
- Identify key resources and best practices available to create and implement a more inclusive and safe campus
- Apply leadership skills to create change on their home campuses and equip them to be social justice advocates for life (in places of worship, workplace, larger community).
- Identify and work with a network of peer and national leaders.
- Present current and emerging issues impacting queer communities in the United States.