StandUp on Campus
“When we stand up together, we stand up a bit taller.” Campus Pride is proud to be a strategic long-term partner standing alongside the Ben Cohen StandUp Foundation, the world’s first anti-bullying foundation.
Since 2011, Campus Pride has programmatically worked at colleges and universities on behalf of the StandUp Foundation partnering to build awareness, social justice skills and provide the necessary tools and resources to redefine college sportsmanship and true champions across the country.
In Summer 2011, the StandUp Foundation became a partner supporting Campus Pride’s premier Camp Pride summer academy for LGBT and ally colleges students. The only camp of its kind, the 5-day summer event brings together 70+ college students from campuses across the country to learn valuable leadership, campus organizing, coalition building and social justice values. A handful of LGBT and ally college athletes also participated in the camp and became part of the inaugural Campus Pride StandUp Ambassadors.
In Fall 2012, the Campus Pride 2012 LGBTQ National College Athlete Report, the most comprehensive research of its kind, reported on the LGBTQ experiences of harassment and discrimination of nearly 400 current college athletes. The StandUp Foundation supported the dissemination of this pivotal, ground-breaking research to help inform future programmatic efforts.
How can YOUR CAMPUS or YOU become involved with StandUp on Campus?
- Bring Ben Cohen, MBE to your college/university or select from our LGBT & Ally Athlete Speakers Bureau.
- Become a StandUp Campus Pride Ambassador.
- Sign onto the StandUp on Campus Charter for college athletic teams, players and fans.
- Recognize LGBT & Ally college athletes with Voice & Action LGBT & Ally National Athlete Award.
- Nominate your campus for the LGBT-Friendly Top 10 List for College Athletics.
- Inquire about attending the Nike LGBTQ Sports Summit in June as an LGBT Athlete.
- Share your story or campus efforts in StandUp Magazine published quarterly.