2013 Camp Pride Summer Leadership Camp
About this event:
Campus Pride believes in kindling passion, nurturing the soul and inspiring “voice and action” among young people. Our educational programs promote progressive critical thinking and leadership concepts built on a foundation of social justice and civility. Camp Pride is the only camp of its kind in the nation, attracting up to 100 youth, as featured in the documentary Legalize Gay. Camp Pride equips LGBT and ally young people with the knowledge and skills to create safer, more inclusive communities.
Camp is for you if want:
- A phenomenal leadership and personal growth experience inclusive of gender identity/expression and sexual orientation.
- Key leadership concepts to becoming a stronger LGBT & Ally leader.
- Effective strategies and skill training for grassroots coalition building.
- Access to premiere faculty and national leaders in social justice, human rights and civil rights advocacy.
- Successful campus organizing practices and the chance to explore challenges confronting your campus.
- Helpful resources and innovative tools from national organizations.
- A personal action plan for your campus to become more LGBT-friendly.
- Opportunity to connect and work with peer student leaders from across the country.
- An inclusive approach for celebrating diversity and motivating others.
- An open, safe environment to express yourself.
- Fun, entertainment and lasting relationships.
Dates: Tuesday, July 16 to Sunday, July 21, 2013
Location: Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN